The annual NHS BSP & ABS Audit of Screen Detected Breast Cancer was undertaken to examine NHS Breast Screening Programme surgical activity.
It was designed to assess surgical performance by comparison of data with as many as possible of the surgical Quality Assurance standards recommended by the UK NHS Breast Screening Programme.
- The number and invasive status of screen detected breast cancers
- Non-operative diagnosis and use of diagnostic open biopsy
- Treatment and size of all cancers
- Lymph node status, invasive grade and NPI score
- Surgical caseload
- Repeat therapeutic operations
- Adjuvant therapy
- Survival analysis