The ABS offers educational fellowships with the aim of raising the standard of breast care in the UK through supporting the education and training of its members.
Fellowships can be used for a variety of educational purposes and are at the discretion of the Trustees.
Nursing Educational Fellowships are offered as follows:
£1,000 maximum for UK based applications
£2,000 maximum for applications for international applications/ involving travel abroad
Possible use of the fellowships might include:
- Visits to UK or international breast units of good standing to observe/ learn new techniques or practices
- To support attendance/ presentation at breast focused scientific conferences
- To support attendance at recognised breast educational meetings
- To support attendance at a course or online educational programme
Please note: Attendance at ABS courses and events cannot be supported with an ABS fellowship.
- Educational projects NOT otherwise funded through your Trust
- Membership of the Association of Breast Surgery for a minimum of 3 months
- Clear evidence of a breast special interest
- Agreement to present a report (within 3 months of completion of the fellowship) of how the award was used, detailing what was learnt and how this applied to future practice.
Applications should be submitted in the following format:
- A personal statement detailing the project/ initiative and the benefits you will obtain from the fellowship and how you will translate these into improving the standard of breast care in your place of work
- Details of any other source of funding (e.g. sponsorship/ scholarships) already secured for the same purpose
- A summarised breast focused CV (2 pages maximum), detailing attendance at breast meetings, conferences etc over the last 2 years
- A letter of support from an independent referee/ supervisor as to your suitability for this fellowship
- A letter of invitation from the unit/ institution to be visited, if applicable, showing that approval has been given for the intended programme
- Applicants should state which fellowship they are applying for and the amount they are applying for (up to a maximum of £2,000)
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is 9am on Friday 8th September 2023
For any queries please contact 020 7869 6852 or email@example.com