ABS recognises developing dedicated and experienced faculty is an essential part of a quality course. We encourage members with suitable experience to apply to become faculty for ABS Course Portfolio.
You should be a member of ABS who is interested in teaching and an education enthusiast. You should be willing to spend time working with the Course Directors and other faculty to develop the course content.
ABS course faculty should be registered with the GMC.
- Training the Trainer course and/or Developing Teaching Skills course.
- Equity & Diversity training
- Completion of anti-bullying training.
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Signed evidence that the individual has no outstanding GMC or Police convictions pending
- Portfolio of teaching experience
- Evidence for appraisal as educational faculty
- Evidence of trainee feedback/ 360 to support teaching multi-source feedback as supervisor
- Reference from Clinical Lead /Medical Director to support you attending courses as ABS faculty
- Teaching and training Activity
- Assigned Educational Supervisor, Clinical Supervisor experience
- Member of ARCP Panel
- Faculty on other courses
- Awards for teaching and training
- Educational leadership
- Course supervisor or coordinator or convenor
- Developed courses, teaching materials & assessment tools
- Supervision of higher degrees like MD/MS/Mch