Association of Breast Surgery Educational Fellowships 2018
The ABS offers educational fellowships with the aim of raising the standard of breast care in the UK through supporting the education and training of its members and breast surgeons in low and middle income countries. Fellowships can be used for a variety of educational purposes and are at the discretion of the Trustees.
Educational Fellowships are for a maximum of £2,000.
Possible uses of the fellowships might include:
- Visits to UK or international breast units of good standing to observe/ learn new techniques or practice
- Visits to low and middle income countries to experience perspectives of the management of breast disease in other areas
- To support attendance/ presentation at breast focused scientific conferences (e.g. San Antonio, ASCO, ESSO etc.)
- To support attendance at recognised breast educational meetings (applicants from LMI countries may apply to attend the ABS Conference)
- Other novel or innovative educational initiatives will be considered with an appropriate and detailed application
- Applications for fellowships will NOT be considered for examination or degree courses.
- Educational projects NOT otherwise funded through the usual routes (Trust study leave allocations/ industry grants/ Deanery etc)
- Membership of the Association of Breast Surgery for a minimum of 3 months
- Clear evidence of a breast special interest/ practice
- Agreement to present a report (within 3 months of completion of the fellowship) of how the award was used, detailing what was learnt and how this applied to future practice
Applications should be submitted in the following format:
- A personal statement detailing the project/ initiative and the benefits you will obtain from the fellowship and how you will translate these into improving the standard of breast care in your place of work
- Details of any other source of funding (e.g. sponsorship/ scholarships) already secured for the same purpose
- A summarised breast focused CV (2 pages maximum), detailing attendance at breast meetings, conferences etc. over the last 2 years
- A letter of support from an independent referee/ supervisor as to your suitability for this fellowship
- A letter of invitation from the unit/ institution to be visited, if applicable, showing that approval has been given for the intended programme
- Applicants should state the amount they are applying for (up to a maximum of £2,000)
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MONDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER 2018
For any queries please contact 020 7869 6853 or email@example.com