Trainee Fellowship: £2,000
SAS Grade Fellowship: £2,000
Possible uses of the fellowships might include:
- Visits to UK or international breast units of good standing to observe/ learn new techniques or practice
- To support attendance/presentation at breast focused scientific conferences (e.g. San Antonio, ASCO, ESSO etc.)
- To support attendance at recognised breast educational meetings (e.g. ORBS and the Royal College of Surgeons of England Advanced Breast Course or Oncoplastic Course)
- Other novel or innovative educational initiatives will be considered with an appropriate and detailed application
- Educational projects NOT otherwise funded through the usual routes (Trust study leave allocations/industry grants/Deanery etc)
- Membership of the Association of Breast Surgery for a minimum of 3 months
- Clear evidence of a breast special interest/practice
- Agreement to present a report (within 3 months of completion of the fellowship) of how the award was used, detailing what was learnt and how this applied to future practice
Applications should be submitted in the following format:
i. A personal statement detailing the project/ initiative and the benefits you will obtain from the fellowship and how you will translate these into improving the standard of breast care in the UK
ii. Details of any other source of funding (e.g. sponsorship/scholarships) already secured for the same purpose
iii. A summarised breast focused CV (2 pages maximum), detailing attendance at breast meetings, conferences etc over the last 2 years.
iv. A letter of support from an independent referee/supervisor in the UK as to your suitability for this fellowship
v. A letter of invitation from the unit/institution to be visited, if applicable, showing that approval has been given for the intended programme.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to Lucy Davies at email@example.com and if you have any queries please contact Lucy on 020 7869 6852.
The deadline for fellowship applications has now closed.
For further information about ABS Fellowships please contact Jackie Spencer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7869 6853.