This course will advance your knowledge and insight into the disease and its impact, enabling you to develop appropriate care, support and services.
Key topics covered:
- Metastatic breast cancer biology and pathophysiology
- The impact of metastatic breast cancer on individuals and family
- Treatment options for metastatic breast cancer and decision making
- Assessment and management of common symptoms seen in this client group (e.g. fungating breast, bone pain, fatigue)
- Identification and management of relevant palliative care emergencies
- Supportive communication skills and strategies
This course has academic credit of 15 credits at either level 6 or 7. There is an assessment of a 2,000 word essay for level 6 or a 3,000 word essay for level 7. The course is validated by The University of East Anglia.
For more information and to apply please visit the Royal Marsden School website.