- To educate our members and to advance and promote standards and training in Breast Disease.
- To represent Breast Trainees on other appropriate bodies
- To advance the science of Breast Surgery and the art of Breast Reconstruction
- To enhance the attractiveness of the sub-specialty as a career choice and encourage interest in Breast Surgery amongst other surgical trainees
- To interact with colleagues outside the sub-specialty and foster greater awareness of the roles and tasks of the modern Breast Surgeon
Becoming an ABS Mammary Fold Associate Member
In 2017 the Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) and Mammary Fold introduced a new combined associate membership for both associations. The discounted membership fee will be £50 per year for trainees who are at ST3 level or above and will be free of charge for trainees who are at core trainee level or below.
ABS Mammary Fold Associate Membership offers great benefits to trainees, including:
- Discount of £50 for the ABS Conference
- Access to online CPD
- Eligibility to apply for a range of ABS fellowships
- Access to relevant guidelines and up-to-date information on relevant courses
- Webcasts of previous ABS meetings
- Tips and support on conducting and getting involved in research
- Quarterly Mammary Fold newsletter
For more information about becoming an associate member of the ABS please contact Jackie Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and return the membership form which you can download here.
The Mammary Fold was founded by surgeons attending the Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) trainees meeting in Glasgow in 2003. We have representation on the ABS Executive Committee, the ABS National Committee and the BAPS/BASO Interface group.
The Mammary Fold meet several times a year at national conferences and also coordinate delegate invitations to international meetings through industry partners. Our aim is to enhance our members' knowledge of breast disease and its treatment via presentations, meetings and discussion forums.